Rings can mark important milestones in a person’s life, from the declaration of love to an everlasting piece made for an auspicious occasion. Gold rings are vintage and chic and yet a perennial fashion trend. Wearing a gold ring according to the latest trends in the accessory fashion not only increases you’re the glamour of your style but also makes you feel more special. However, our hectic schedules do not always permit us to go to a store to purchase jewel items. Purchasing gold rings is now just a matter of few clicks. However shopping online for jewellery requires some precautions as there are acute risks of the monetary transaction. Here are a few factors to keep in mind before you buy gold rings online:
Factors to consider when shopping online for gold:
- Is the site authentic? : The first parameter to keep in mind is whether the site is a trusted, reliable one. As soon as you search for gold rings online, your browser will show many websites, many of which will most probably be fraudulent ones. To avoid being conned, visit sites that don’t give options for the bargain. Branded jewellery sites are always better preferences in this case, while relatively unknown bargaining sites operating from countries like China can carry risks.
- Hallmarking: The Government of India has set up the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) to make sure that consumers do not get cheated when they are buying gold. BIS embosses its mark on the gold rings as proof of certification for the purity of the gold. The BIS stamp consists of the BIS logo, number corresponding to the purity, year of marking, jeweller’s identification mark and the logo of Hallmarking centre.
- Purity: Purity is also an important factor to keep in mind while buying gold rings online. It is measured in carat. The purest form of gold is 24 carats which are equivalent to 10 grams gold. However, no gold ring can be made of 24 carats as it is very malleable. Therefore 22 carats or less are used. It is therefore advisable to buy hallmarked jewellery as they accurately state the purity of the gold along with the testing centre’s mark.
- Price of the gold: This is an important factor to be considered while making your purchasing decisions. The price of gold is determined at the exchange and is printed in news dailies every day. However, reputed jewellers and even some local jewellers quote the price at a higher rate by the carat. It will be better if you can compare the prices quoted at the site with that of a local retailer, as there are usually considerable price differences Check the payment terms, whether cash on delivery, cheque, debit or credit cards and so on. It is imperative to be aware of the refund policy and resizing facilities in case the product purchased is not satisfying.
- Making charges: Generally, 15 to 20 percent of the gold price is charged as making charge. Remember to ask for a detailed receipt to ensure that you know the amount added to the actual cost. A detailed bill will help you identify the amount charged for precious stones and diamonds studded on the ring if there are any.
As long as you are well- researched and tech-savvy, it is a lucrative option to buy gold rings online. However, it is always advisable to be cautious before doing such transactions. Read the Terms and Conditions offered by the site from where you are purchasing. Compare various sites and review them in order to get the best deal for your money. Impulsive buying should be avoided at all costs. Do a thorough research and be aware of your exact requirements. This will make the whole process much easier.
/ 2 weeks ago
If you are desirous of getting some specific type of commercial properties, there is...